I never really enjoyed Valentine’s day much. For years the best V-Day I had was when my mom (yes, my mom) bought me a basket of fresh strawberries, balloons, and a little teddy bear. What more could I want?! I mean, besides a man that is. The next runner up would have to have been when I found a heart full of chocolates in front of my locker, with who I wasn’t…expecting, in the corner giving me the nod. Anyway, you get the point. All that changed with Sky though; he is literally the best. I just want to take this opportunity to let Skyler know how much I love him…oh yeah, he doesn’t read this. So instead of taking this opportunity to let you know how much I love Skyler, I will refrain and tell him later. But for now, I have compiled a list of To Do’s for Valentines Day—on a budget. I love lists, I now love Valentine’s Day, and I
love like budgets. So without further ado, I present the list:
- Make heart shaped pancakes for breakfast and go back to bed to eat them.
- Pick each other dead tree branches from your neighbor’s yard, and put them in a vase on the table.
- Secretly change his computer screen to an “embarrassing” photo of you two kissing.
- Tuck a handmade valentine in your Love’s jacket pocket before he heads out the door.
- Download the Stellarium program and go star gazing in your living room.
- Pick up some fine Italian at Little Caesars and eat it somewhere overlooking the city.
- Cover your apt/house with doilies from the dollar store, trust me, he will love it, ha!
- Cut the leftover doilies into hearts and “Heart attack” the neighbor’s lawn that you took the branches from, while wearing a black uni-tard—ninja-like. Warning: chances are you might have to do this one by yourself.
- Make a giant poster of yourself wearing a ridiculous heart apron and give it to him with a serious face.
- Write each other love notes that you can’t open until next Valentine’s Day.
- Stage your first kiss all over again—it might be better this time around.
- Make a video of you and your man telling your story.
- The day/evening wouldn’t be complete without Whitney Houston love songs playing in the background on Pandora.