We went camping with some of our good friends this weekend and it was really fun and really beautiful. I love nature. In fact, remember when this youtube video was huge? Well a week before I saw this video my husband and I were on our way to the store, no big deal, when I saw a double-rainbow in the sky. It was the first one I had ever seen, and I was amazed, awestruck really…“Holy, wow! This is amazing! There are two of them! Two of them! Look at that! Wow! Oh my! That is so beautiful! I have never seen anything like this! Pretty! Look at all the different colors!” and so on and so forth—you get the point. So when I saw that video I got all sorts of embarrassed/defensive, “What is the big deal? I think it is kind of nice that someone still appreciates nature.” It was really funny though; I guess I will just thank my lucky stars that no one got me on film.
Other things I have enjoyed about this week:
- Catching up with my brother and sister-in-law.
- Getting "the usual" at Flap Jacks with Brandilyn.
- Sleeping through two movies at the drive-in.
- Spending time with Sky before we have to say goodbye for over a month :(.
- Having my sis call me to read me excerpts out of her journal about our little kid arguments. Oh, we were so comical we just didn’t know it yet.
- And, last but not least, eating the smore-makings we accidently forgot to bring to the campout when we got back. Sorry Emily and Chris!